What is Connected Care by Qatar Post?
Connected Care Terms & Conditions
Connected Care is an optional service provided by Qatar Post to those using Qatar Post shipping services from USA, UK, China, or Japan to Qatar ("Connected Members"), as part of Qatar Post's commitment as a shipping service provider. Connected Care is a performance warranty protecting your shipments against loss or damage during transportation (subject to the terms and on the conditions provided herein) ("Connected Care"). Connected Care is not an insurance product and is not offered in collaboration with any insurance provider. Connected Care is administered fully by Qatar Post and all claims and liabilities are assumed directly by Qatar Post and offered at Qatar Post discretion.
The standard limitations and exclusions of liability set out in the Connected Terms and Conditions will apply if you do not purchase Connected Care for your shipments.
Other than as expressly provided in these Connected Care Terms and Conditions, all other terms and conditions set out in the Connected Terms and Conditions will continue to apply to the Connected services provided by Qatar Post to you.
Connected Care shall only apply from the time the item covered by Connected Care (the "Connected Care Article") is delivered to Qatar Post’s designated warehouse in USA, UK, Japan or China (as the case may be) to Qatar address as stated in the consignment note.
The protection premium you pay is 3% of the combined value of the goods and shipping charges, with a minimum of QAR 50.
List of excluded goods & documents:
Qatar Post does not provide Connected Care coverage for the following items:
- Used or second-hand goods
- Banker's drafts, bank notes
- Bearer bonds
- Bills of exchange
- Dividend warranties
- Promissory notes
- Share certificates
- Share warrants
- Travelers cheques
- Treasury bills
- Postage Stamps
- Precious stones, gems & metal
- Antiques (predating 1961)
- Works of art
- Jewelry and watches above QAR 2,500
- All food stuff
- Values in excess of QAR 18,250 (or equivalent in other currency)
Qatar Post shall not, in the provision of Connected Care, be liable for the following:
- Loss damage or expense attributable to your willful misconduct;
- Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the Connected Care Article;
- Loss damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the Connected Care Article;
- Loss damage or expense proximately caused by delay, outside Qatar Post's reasonable control;
- Loss damage or expense arising from any hostile use of any weapon employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter;
- Loss damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the Connected Care Article (packing shall be deemed to include stowage in a container or lift van but only when such stowage is carried out prior to Connected Care becoming applicable;
- Rust, oxidation and discolouration;
- Bending, denting, scratching and twisting of the Connected Care Article; and
- Any damage or loss arising in connection with the Connected Care Article due to the willful misconduct or gross negligence of any of Qatar Post's subcontractors, agents, employees, representatives, or others carrying out the services of Connected Care.
Connected Care does not cover loss damage or expense caused by:
- Electrical products bought overseas that does not work due to Voltage requirements and adaptors needed;
- Confiscation or detention of the Connected Care Article by custom house or other officials or authorities;
- Mechanical and electrical derangement unless accompanied by visible external damage;
- Any consequential or indirect losses, to the extent permitted by the Applicable Law; and
- It does not cover the late delivery of your shipment.
Period of Connected Care Coverage
Connected Care shall not become effective until you make full payment for Connected Care on the USA and/or UK website (as the case may be). Connected Care shall continue to apply unless provided otherwise in these terms, during the ordinary course of transit, and terminates either on delivery to the address stated in the consignment note or until such other period stipulated in these terms, whichever shall first occur.
The signature on the "Proof of delivery" copy of the consignment note and/or any such document issued by the destination country's delivery agent shall be conclusive proof of safe delivery.
It is the Connected Member's duty, the duty of your addressee, and/or the Connected Member's servants or agents in respect of the loss recoverable under Connected Care:
- to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing such loss; and
- to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved or exercised.
Procedure for Claims
- All enquiries relating to claims are to be submitted to 24/7 customer service via 104. If you're calling from outside Qatar, then please contact us on +974 4406 9928 Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com
- When submitting the claim, all relevant documents must be enclosed, including but not limited to the following:
- Original USA or UK consignment note/tracking information and payment advice;
- Original invoices or purchase receipts of the Connected Care Article;
- Survey report or other documentary evidence showing the extent of the loss or damage of the Connected Care Article
- Original repair bills/replacement invoices; and
- All correspondence exchanged with any third party responsible or potentially responsible for the loss or damage of the Connected Care Article.
Complying with the above procedure shall be a condition precedent to Qatar Post's liability pursuant to these terms.
Qatar Post reserves the right to amend, vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice, and the amended terms and conditions shall apply.
Governing law ("Applicable Law")
Connected Care is subject to and shall be governed by Qatar Law. Any claim or other dispute hereunder shall be determined exclusively by Qatar courts.
Connected Care coverage payable, limits of liability and excess
- The charges payable for Connected Care will be 3% of the declared item value for the Connected Care Article subject to a minimum charge of QAR 50 for each consignment note. Declared item value shall include, but not limited to, cost of the item, any Connected Care purchased for the local shipping to Qatar Post's designated warehouse in USA or UK (as the case may be), local shipping charges to Qatar Post’s designated warehouse in USA or UK (as the case may be) and any other applicable charges paid.
- Where Connected Care has been purchased in relation to an item on the condition that your claim for loss or damage to the shipment or item or contents thereof is justified, our liability for loss or damage to your item or its content thereof shall be limited to the following sums:
- the full amount of shipping charges paid by you for the item; and
- 100% of the declared value of the item for which you have a justified claim, subject to a maximum amount of QAR 18,250 for all items shipped pursuant to a single consignment note.
- The declared value of the item with proof of Purchase value for which you have a justified claim, subject to a maximum amount up to QAR 18,250 (or equivalent in other currency) for all items shipped pursuant to a single consignment note.