CONNECTED by Qatar Post
1. What personal data do we collect?
1.1 When you use the Website or any service we provide, or otherwise contact or interact with us through this Website, over the phone, by email or in person, you agree and consent that we may collect, store and use personal data that you disclose to us. The personal data we may collect includes your contact information, including your name, delivery address, birthdate, telephone number, email address, your responses to survey questions and any other information which you provide using the forms on our Website or our billing partners' websites, or in order for us to provide a better customer support service for you.
1.3 Various technologies may be used on our Website and our applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user’s personal data. Examples of such technologies include Cookies.
1.5 We collect session cookies because it helps us to:
- work out how many times the Website has been visited;
- record and analyse what items visitors are likely to click on most, so we can improve the content and layout of the Website. The above applies to all visitors of the Website whether or not they have registered. The information collected is not linked to you as an individual unless you choose to register; and
- diagnose problems with our servers and let us better administer our systems.
2. How will we use your personal data?
2.1 We may use your personal data for the purposes of:
- personal identification and to carry out credit reference checks;
- completing any transactions that you have made through the Website;
- passing your personal data to our employees and agents and to third party contractors where necessary to complete any transactions that you have made through the Website;
- allowing us to contact you (including by post, phone and email) for customer support services and to verify any claims or requests you make if you use our "contact us" service;
- providing you with a personalized browsing experience when using our Website; and
- making product improvements to our Website and for our own internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can consistently improve our Website to better meet our visitors' needs.
2.2 We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to the business of Qatar Post, such as:
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- enforcing obligations owed to Qatar Post;
- researching and developing new products and services or improving existing products and services of Qatar Post;
- accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; and
2.3 We may also from time to time use your personal data to send you details (by post, phone or email) and to make recommendations to you about new features, offers, products and services.
2.4 We may monitor use and other traffic patterns in order to optimise your use of the Website and also share non-personal, aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to this Website with connected or third parties, but these statistics will not include information that personally identifies you.
2.5 Your personal data may also be anonymised for use by Qatar Post for other purposes.
2.6 When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means.
3. Disclosure of information
3.1 We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
3.3 We may disclose or share your personal data with third parties (including other companies within Qatar Post) who provide necessary services to us, such as: (a) service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency check and address check, etc. and (b) our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
3.4 We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
3.5 Our Website may have the functionalities to allow you to share your personal data with other third parties such as other users of our Website. You are responsible for your choice(s) and are deemed to have provided consent for any sharing of your personal data in the manner provided by the Website.
3.6 You fully understand and consent that we may transfer your personal data to any location outside of Qatar. When doing so we will protect your personal data by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction which has data protection laws at a standard equivalent to our own or is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
3.7 In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose your personal data:
- if required to do so by law, court order or where requested by other government or law enforcement authorities;
- where we consider that disclosure is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (without prejudice to your rights);
- where substantially all of the Website and/or our assets are acquired, to the purchaser(s) and its(their) advisers in connection with such acquisition to use your personal data on the same basis as we do; or
- as permitted by law.
4. Third Parties
5. Retargeting Technologies
5.1 Our Website and mobile or web-based applications may use retargeting technologies within the internet. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop, our services and our products, advertisement from us on partner websites.
5.2 We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our Website or mobile or web-based applications and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
5.3 Retargeting technologies analyse your cookies and display advertisement based on your past surfing behaviour.
5.4 We do not store any personal data about you with this technology.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill suffered as a result of unauthorized or unintended use, access or disclosure of your personal data.
8. Contacting us
8.2 All questions, requests or complaints will be evaluated and responded to by Qatar Post in a timely manner.
8.3 We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to the personal data which we hold about you, or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction